This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Last Updated on February 25, 2019 by Allyson
1. WDW Snack & Beverage Prices Increase
If you’re in the mood for a Mickey Pretzel or Churro at Disney World, get ready to pay more than you’re used to. As reported by WDW News Today and Disney Food Blog, certain snack and beverage prices have increased across Disney World. Here’s a rundown:
- Bottled sodas: went from $4 to $4.50
- Fountain sodas: regular sizes went from $3.29 to $3.99; large sizes went from $3.79 to $4.49
- Water bottles: went from $3 to $3.50
- Mickey Pretzels: went from $6 to $7
- Ice cream novelties (Mickey bar, ice cream sandwich, and frozen banana): went from $5.25 to $5.75
- Frozen fruit bars: these have also seen a 75-cent increase, but their prices vary
- Churros: went from $4.50 to $6.25; DFB reports Churros served without chocolate sauce are listed at $5.25, but those served with chocolate sauce are listed at $6.25
- Popcorn: refills went from $1.75 to $2; individual boxes are now $5
- Cotton Candy: now $5
- Turkey Legs: went from $11.75 to $13.25
- Dole Whip: the Aloha Isle location at Magic Kingdom lists Dole Whip cups at $4.99 (up from $4.49), a Pineapple Float for $5.99 (up from $5.49), and the Dole Whip Pineapple Upside Down Cake for $6.99 (up from $6.49)
2. A My Disney Experience Update
The Disney World’s My Disney Experience service available online received a design update, as WDW News Today pointed out. It appears the redesign is to help guests with their trip planning process, especially with the new date-based ticket pricing system that goes into effect on Oct. 16.
3. WDW Water Parks Welcome Refillable Mugs
When staying at Walt Disney World resorts, guest can purchase refillable drinking mugs to be used during the duration of their stay. Well, according to Orlando Parks News, refillable mugs purchased at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Coronado Springs Resort can now be used by guests staying at either resort at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. WDW News Today also reports these mugs can be also be used at Fantasia Gardens & Miniature Golf and Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. This new offer began on Oct.1 and it’s unclear how long it will be in affect for.
4. Make Reservations For Sebastian’s Bistro
You can now make lunch and dinner reservations at Sebastian’s Bistro. In August, Disney announced Sebastian’s Bistro would be replacing Shutters as the new table-service restaurant at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Also, the menus are available online for you to see what’s available!
5. Vampirina Joins Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine
The title character of the Disney Junior series Vampirina is coming to Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios. And in more exciting news, she’ll become a permanent character at Hollywood Studios beginning in November. Guests will be able to meet Vampirina every day at an all-new character greeting location in the Animation Courtyard.
6. PizzeRizzo Is Taking A Short Break
As reported by WDW News Today, PizzeRizzo at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will close starting Oct. 20 and will reopen in spring 2019. Apparently, since Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open in late fall 2019, the space around PizzeRizzo will be needed for the mass amounts of people expected to visit the new land.
7. Enjoy Mimosas At Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is now serving alcohol during breakfast and lunch. As noted by Disney Food Blog, there was a recent update to the menus featuring the addition of alcoholic beverages. For example, guests can now enjoy a Mimosa or a Be Our Guest Peach Bellini, among other options.
8. Reservations Are Open For Storybook Dining
You can now book reservations for Storybook Dining at Artist Point at Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge. Starting this December, you can the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs-themed character dining. In addition to exciting menu options, like a “Poison” Apple made of white chocolate apple mousse with a sour center dessert and the Enchanted Apple with citrus vodka, sour apple, and white cranberry juice beverage, you will also be able to meet Snow White, her forest-dwelling friends, and the Evil Queen!
9. Peter Pan & Tomorrowland Speedway Refurbishment Dates
As reported by WDW News Today, Magic Kingdom’s Peter Pan’s Flight and Tomorrowland Speedway will be closing for refurbishment beginning in early 2019. Peter Pan’s Flight will be closed from Jan. 7, 2019 through Feb. 2, 2019. As previously reported, the Tomorrowland Speedway will be closing on Jan. 2, 2019 for work on the track’s layout, which is due to the construction of the TRON roller coaster in Tomorrowland. A reopening date hasn’t been announced.
10. Catch A Sneak Peek Of ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms’
You can catch a 12-minute glimpse of Disney’s new film The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, which will be released in theaters on Nov. 2. For a limited time, you can watch an advance look of the film at Disney World’s Walt Disney Presents attraction at Hollywood Studios and at Disneyland’s Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure.
11. Attraction Spirit Jerseys Are Coming Soon
If you are in love with Disney spirit jerseys, you’re going to want all of these. This week, Disney Style announced the release of attraction-themed spirit jerseys, which are coming soon to both Disney World and Disneyland. There are four different styles inspired by The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Enchanted Tiki Room, and “it’s a small world”. Seriously, aren’t they adorable? Which one is your favorite?
12. Ahoy! Jack Sparrow Meet & Greet
Chip and Co. reported that Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial show is no longer happening in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. Right now, it looks like guests can at least meet Jack Sparrow at the same location as the show. It’s unclear if the Pirate Tutorial and the Jack Sparrow meet and greet are permanent.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!