This article contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
1. Major News For Spaceship Earth
On Oct. 11, WDW News Today reported that Spaceship Earth at Disney’s Epcot will soon be closing for about two and a half years. There is reportedly going to be a “complete overhaul of the park entrance and central area of Future World,” including updates coming to Spaceship Earth. The ride’s overhaul is said to take place from early 2020 until the second half of 2022, when Epcot has its 40th anniversary. Disney has yet to comment on this report.
2. An Updated Caribbean Beach Resort
Have you seen Disney’s refurbished Caribbean Beach Resort? The lobby, Old Port Royale, is beautiful and there are even three new dining options: Sebastian’s Bistro, Centertown Market, and Banana Cabana. You can check out photos here.
3. Disneyland’s Jedi Training Is Closing
As reported by Attractions Magazine, a Disneyland spokesperson has confirmed Disneyland’s Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple is closing soon. An official end date has yet to be announced.
4. Disneyland Paris’ Events For 2019 Revealed
Disneyland Paris announced its full lineup through spring 2019. According to Laughing Place, here’s what events are ahead for guests:
- A Monstrously Crazy Halloween: Oct. 1-Nov, 4, 2018
- An Enchanted Christmas at Disneyland Paris: Nov. 10, 2018 to Jan. 6, 2019
- Legends of the Force: A Celebration of Star Wars: Jan. 12, 2019 to March 17, 2019
- Pirates and Princesses Festival: Jan. 19, 2019 to March 17, 2019
- Marvel Super Heroes Season: March 3, 2019 to June 12, 2019
- The Festival of the Lion King and Jungle: July 2019 to Sept. 2019
5. Fun New Magic Shots At Animal Kingdom
The Disney Parks Blog revealed some exciting new magic shots coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom for fall. They include:
- Park entrance: Aladdin’s Iago (only available through Oct. 31)
- Near Yak & Yeti Restaurant: Jungle Book’s Shere Khan or Kaa (Shere Khan only available through Oct. 31)
- Select photographers in Africa: The Lion King’s hyenas (Ed, Shenzi, and Banzai)
6. No More Lunch Pricing At Biergarten
Per WDW News Today, there isn’t a lunch price listed for the Biergarten Restaurant at Epcot’s Germany pavilion anymore. Both lunch and dinner will apparently be priced the same, and with a price increase: $44 for adults and $24 for children (ages 3-9). Previously, the price was $41 for adults for dinner and $22 for children.
7. Storytellers Café A La Carte Lunch Menu Is No More
According to Chip and Co., Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa’s Storytellers Café no longer has an la carte lunch menu. This went into effect on Oct. 10 to make room for Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Brunch Buffet, a Character Dining experience offered daily from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
8. Three New Venus & Another Restaurant Coming To Disney Springs
First, three new stores are coming to Disney Springs, Disney announced. They are:
- Disney Tails: Opened on Oct. 12, 2019 at the Marketplace Co-Op, Disney Tails offers Disney-themed accessories for dogs and a few items for cats. There are Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Haunted Mansion, and Star Wars collections available.
- Lovepop: Guests will soon see Lovepop, a 3D greeting card designed on cutting-edge software, located at the center of the Marketplace Co-Op.
- The Art of Disney Presents Greg McCullough: Finally, artist Greg McCullough will take over the space previously occupied by Little Miss Matched for a limited-time through Jan. 1, 2019. McCullough will even appear daily to interact with customers, except on Mondays from 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. His gallery is set to open on Nov. 3, 2018.
Secondly, Disney also revealed City Works Eatery & Pour House will open at Disney Springs on the West Side in 2019. If you like beer, this is the place for you, because 80 beers will be on tap, including “rare, limited supply, special tappings from local breweries and others around the world.” Wine will also be available for purchase, in addition to bar bites, shareables, and burgers.
9. Cuties Partnered With WDW & Disneyland
Both Disney World and Disneyland have formed a partnership with Cuties, The Disney Blog reported. Cuties can be purchased at select fruit cars and grab n’ go locations currently selling fresh fruit, in addition to choosing it as a healthy side for kid’s meals at select quick service restaurants. Cuties will also be introduced at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland.
10. Salt & Straw Opened At Downtown Disney
In some tasty news, Salt & Straw opened at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort on Oct. 12. Who else is ready to try some new ice cream flavors?
11. Stitch’s Great Escape Seems To Be Closing
It appears Stitch’s Great Escape located in Tomorrowland at Disney’s Magic Kingdom is closing for good. As you can see in the somewhat terrifying photo below, Blog Mickey reported about the image that was leaked to Reddit of what appears to be the Stitch audio-animatronic being taken apart. Many are taking the image as confirmation that the ride is shutting down permanently. On Disney World’s official website, the attraction is listed as “Temporarily Closed.” Disney has not commented on this news.
12. The Fourth Disneyland Hotel Is Canceled
The planned fourth Disneyland Resort hotel on the western edge of Downton Disney has officially been canceled, a Disney spokesperson confirmed to Theme Park Insider. It’s unclear what will fill that space on the west side or what will happen to the businesses that were shut down for the construction of the now-extinct hotel.
13. PizzeRizzo Is Closing
WDW News Today previously reported that PizzeRizzo at Disney’s Hollywood Studios would be closing beginning Oct. 20. This past week, Ziggy Knows Disney reported Cast Members at Hollywood Studios confirmed to the outlet the quick service restaurant will close on Oct. 20 and will re-open seasonally in spring 2019.
14. New Pedestrian Bridge At Disneyland
As part of the new parking structure at Disneyland near the Mickey & Friends structure, there will also be the addition of a pedestrian bridge over Magic Way. The Disney Parks Blog reports, “This new bridge will connect visitors from the parking from the parking structure — over Magic Way — to the rest of the resort, allowing guests the option to stroll through the Downtown Disney District to the theme parks’ Main Entrance.” The parking structure and bridge are slated to be finished next year.
And… Lots Of New Merchandise!
- Have you seen the new Jim Shore Tiki Room figure celebrating the official 55th Anniversary of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room?
- There is also a new limited edition Hatbox Ghost tiki mug at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Tiki Terrace in Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- Yep, there are new Disney spirit jerseys — with silver sequins.
- Redd from Pirates of the Caribbean has her own Funko Pop.
- Happy Haul-O-Ween from Cars Land: Spooky Songs from Mater and Luigi and Season’s Speedings from Cars Land: Holiday Songs from Mater & Luigi are available for purchase on iTunes and streaming on Spotify.
- There is now a Cinderella collection of housewares!
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- Disney World Snack Prices Rise & Other Disney News This Week
- Walt Disney World’s New Date-Based Ticket Pricing & Other Disney News This Week
- ‘IllumiNations’ Is Ending & Other Disney News This Week