This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Oct. 22-Oct.28, 2018:
1. Mickey & Minnie Have A Brand New Look
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are getting into the 90th anniversary spirit with some new outfits. Disney announced the duo will sport confetti-themed styles as a way to celebrate 90 years of the beloved characters at Disney World, Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disney Resort, and Disney Cruise Line. During Disney World’s debut of the Move It! Shake It! MouskeDance It! Street Party (which is replacing Move It! Shake It! Dance It! Street Party) on Jan. 18 at Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, guests will first enjoy Mickey and Minnie’s new outfits.
Here’s when you can catch their outfits at other Disney parks:
- Hong Kong Disneyland: starting on Nov. 18
- Shanghai Disneyland: on Nov. 18 only
- Disneyland Resort: starting January 2019
- Disney Cruise Line: in summer 2019
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) October 24, 2018
2. You Can Get Play Disney Parks App Pins
You can now earn Play Disney Parks app commemorative pins for a limited time (and while supplies last) while using the interactive mobile game. Those who have earned the Never Lander, Space Mountaineer, or Midway Maniac achievements in the app can now purchase actual pins featuring characters and icons from these attractions. All you have to do is show the digital achievement screen to a Cast Member and then you can purchase the appropriate pin.
Here’s where you can buy the pins:
- Never Lander Pin — Fantasy Faire (Magic Kingdom)
- Space Mountaineer Pin — Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (Magic Kingdom)
- Midway Maniac Pin — Celebrity 5 & 10 (Hollywood Studios)
- Never Lander Pin — Fantasyland Cart (Disneyland park)
- Space Mountaineer Pin — Space Mountain Photo Spot (Space Mountain exit, Disneyland park)
- Midway Maniac Pin — Midway Mercantile (Disney California Adventure)
3. Don’t Miss Disneyland’s Halloween-Themed PhotoPass
For a limited time (from Oct. 26-Oct. 31, 2018), you can take advantage of Nightmare Before Christmas PhotoPass opportunities at Disneyland Resort. At Disney California Adventure, you can take an Oogie Boogie magic shot on Buena Vista Street, in addition to taking a photo with a special prop for the film’s 25th anniversary. At Disneyland park, you can also take a magic shot with Zero at the giant pumpkin on Main Street, U.S.A.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) October 24, 2018
4. Full Menus For Epcot’s International Festival Of The Holidays
Disney released the full food guides for Epcot’s 2018 International Festival of the Holidays (Nov. 18-Dec. 30, 2018). In addition to new holiday treats, there will also be a new holiday kitchen, the “L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen” featuring traditional Jewish dishes, like Pastrami on Rye, Chicken and Matzo Ball Soup, and Egg Cream. There will also be a fun “Holiday Cookie Stroll,” where you can purchase cookies from any official cookie stroll location. After you buy five cookies and collect the appropriate stamps for your Passport, you will then receive a complimentary completer cookie at Holiday Sweets & Treats. The good news is you can take the stroll at your own pace and even bring back your Passport to Epcot at any time to complete it. To see the full menus, click here.
5. You Can Now Eat Orange Bird-Inspired Mousse
In honor of the Oct. 26 release of the Orange Bird Funko Pop! figure, Disney Springs’ Amorette’s Patisserie has created a special Orange Bird-inspired mousse made up of blood orange and lemon chiffon flavors. If you want to try it out, you better hurry, because the mousse is only available while supplies last.
Joining us on 10/26 for the release of the @OriginalFunko Orange Bird Variant Figure at World of Disney? Swing by Amorette's Patisserie for a special Orange Bird-inspired mousse featuring blood orange and lemon chiffon flavors while supplies last! 🍊✨ pic.twitter.com/86Ss4uAHzC
— Disney Springs (@DisneySprings) October 24, 2018
6. Hollywood Studios’ New Parking Entrance
On Nov. 8, there is a new parking entrance and exit located off of Osceola Parkway for vehicles driving into Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The current main entrance off World Drive and Osceola Parkway will soon only be for Cast Members, while the satellite entrance on Buena Vista Drive will be strictly for buses.
7. Exciting ‘Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party’ News
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party held at Magic Kingdom is adding a brand new experience for guests. It is called: Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party! The event begins at 9:30 p.m., where guests can “pop in and out at your leisure and indulge in savory hors d’oeuvres including a selection of artisanal meats and cheeses as well as Tony’s famous meatballs, mini hand-tossed pizzas, boursin-stuffed artichoke and more!” Oh, you can also indulge in pumpkin tartlets, Yule Logs, cannoli, Christmas cookies, and red velvet cupcakes. There will also be complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages provided.
Have a holly, jolly good time at the new Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: https://t.co/58SvPniChb
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) October 26, 2018
Better yet, at 11 p.m., those enjoying the holiday spirit at Tony’s Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., will be able to take advantage of the special reserved viewing area for Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. The party will also continue until 12:30 a.m., longer than MVMCP!
Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party is available during every single MVMCP 2018 event for $99/person (plus tax). Admission to MVMCP is required to attend the new holiday experience. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can book reservations one day before the public has access — on Oct. 29 by calling 407-827-7348. Everyone can book reservations starting Oct. 30 online or by calling the previously mentioned phone number.
And… New Merchandise!
- Loungefly released Pirates of the Caribbean-inspired bags that feature Redd from the attraction, in addition to new Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse styles that are perfection.
- There is a new Chip and Mrs. Potts dress at ShopDisney.
- Exclusive Kate Spade Disney Parks collection is now available at Disney Springs.
- Rag & Bone released its own collection celebrating Mickey’s 90th anniversary.
- Don’t forget — World of Disney at Disney Springs is now open and complete after its refurbishment. The store has 2018 holiday items and a new Mickey Mouse Club collection available for purchase!
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- Spaceship Earth Is Reportedly Closing For Over 2 Years & Other Disney News This Week
- Disney World Snack Prices Rise & Other Disney News This Week
- Walt Disney World’s New Date-Based Ticket Pricing & Other Disney News This Week