This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Last Updated on February 25, 2019 by Allyson
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Nov.5-Nov. 11, 2018:
You’ll want to show off your Mickey and/or Minnie ears even more now. As part of Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday, Disney wants everyone to #ShareYourEars, which benefits Make-A-Wish. This is the third year for the special and meaningful campaign benefitting a worthy organization. From now until Nov. 17, 2018, if you take a photo of your ears and post it to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the tag #ShareYourEars, Disney will donate $5 to Make-A-Wish.
As part of the campaign, those visiting Disney World, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris will even be able to pose in front of a new themed “ear wall.” Guests at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort can pose with photo frames on Main Street, U.S.A. and those sailing on the Disney Cruise Line will be able to find special #ShareYourEars photo ops. You can even visit a Disney store in the U.S. or Canada through Nov. 17, where you’re able to decorate a pair of paper ears and then pose with a #ShareYourEars frame and post to social media!
[UPDATE: #ShareYourEars will continue through Nov. 27, 2018.]
2. More Disney After Hours Announced
There are already Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park, but the experience has now expanded to Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The event, which requires a separate ticket than daytime park admission, allows guests to enjoy the parks and select attractions three hours after closing! You can even enter the park before your Disney After Hours event begins starting at 7 p.m.
For Hollywood Studios, guests can enjoy pretty much no wait time for Toy Story Land attractions, in addition to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. There will also be select quick-service food and beverage locations available. Disney After Hours dates for Hollywood Studios are: Dec. 8, 15 and 22, 2018; and Jan. 5, 12 and 19, 2019; Feb. 2, 9 and 16, 2019; March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, 2019; and April 6 and 13, 2019.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) November 5, 2018
As for Animal Kingdom, you can enjoy Tree of Life Awakenings, Pandora — The World of Avatar, and so much more. Plus, there will even be select quick-service food and beverage locations open during your experience. Disney After Hours dates for Animal Kingdom are: Dec. 4, 12 and 18, 2018; and Jan. 8, 16, 22 and 31, 2019; and Feb. 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 26, 2019; and March 5, 20 and 27, 2019; and April 3, 2019.
All Disney After Hours event tickets cost $125 plus tax for advanced purchase and $129 plus tax for day-of purchase. Disney Vacation Club members and Annual Passholders receive a discount of $95 plus tax. Tickets for the events at both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom go on sale starting Nov. 15. You can purchase tickets through the Disney Reservation Center by calling 407-939-7795.
3. Captain Marvel Is Coming To Disneyland Paris
Captain Marvel is joining the ranks of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, and Groot during Disneyland Paris’ 2019 Marvel Summer of Super Heroes. The special event begins March 23, 2018 at Disneyland Paris.
4. Toy Story Land’s Holiday Decorations Are Adorable
Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is all ready for the holidays! This past week, decorations were finally put up and Christmas music started playing, making the land even more magical than it already is. As previously announced, not only are Woody, Jessie, and Buzz Lightyear dressed in holiday outfits, but Alien Swirling Saucers have two holiday tracks and themed lighting and Slinky Dog Dash has sleigh bells ringing.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) November 6, 2018
5. New ‘MVMCP’ PhotoPass Opportunities
At this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on select nights from Nov. 8 – Dec. 21., guests can partake in new festive PhotoPass opportunities. Here are all of the fun Magic Shots you can find during the special holiday event at Magic Kingdom:
- The Mickey Mouse Cookie Magic Shot: Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.
- The Candy Cane Magic Shot: In front of Cinderella Castle and on the bridges leading to Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade Toy Soldiers: Main Street, U.S.A.
- Cheerful Reindeer and Gingerbread Man: At the park entrance.
- Festively Dressed Tinker Bell: On Main Street, U.S.A.
- Olaf: Bridges leading to Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
- Mistletoe Magic Shot: Ask any Disney PhotoPass photographer, except for those at Character Experience locations.
- Animated Magic Shot: When you meet Santa Claus.
- Holly-Jolly Props: At various locations across Magic Kingdom, you can get holiday props from photographers for your photos, including a new Tinker Bell lantern, which can be found in Fantasyland near Enchanted Tales with Belle.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) November 7, 2018
6. Yummy Flurry Of Fun Treats
Disney released a full food guide of all the delicious goodies guests can expect from this year’s Flurry of Fun at Hollywood Studios. Be sure to head on over to Disney Parks Blog to look at photos and descriptions of all the festive treats!
7. Check Out Merchandise For ‘MVMCP’
You need to check out the merchandise that was created exclusively for MVMCP! During the party, you can find these special items at the following locations, but only while supplies last.
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Emporium (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, ornament, and Passholder items)
- Storybook Circus: Big Top Souvenirs (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, and ornament)
- Tomorrowland: Mickey’s Star Traders (apparel, logo pin, ornaments, and Passholder items)
- Liberty Square: Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe (apparel, logo pin, and ornaments)
- Frontierland: Frontier Trading Post (pins and retail MagicBand)
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) November 9, 2018
8. A Food Guide To ‘MVMCP’
If you’re heading to MVMCP this year, be sure to check out the list of the treats available for purchase! There are also complimentary sweets and beverages included in the price of your MVMCP ticket, which are listed below. Don’t forget, alternative healthy and allergy-friendly snacks are also available upon request.
- Main Street: Red Mickey Santa Sugar Cookie
- Tortuga Tavern: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Shaved Ice
- Liberty Square: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Fruit-flavored Soda, and a variety of holiday cookies
- Friar’s Nook: Chilled Apple Cider and Chocolates
- Storybook Snacks Cart: Peppermint Crunch Cookie
- Auntie Gravitie’s Galactic Goodies: Chocolate Chip Cookie and Shaved Ice
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Starting Nov. 9, some of the exclusive MVMCP goodies will be available during regular park hours when you use mobile ordering on the My Disney Experience app.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) November 9, 2018
Furthermore, if you love hot dogs from Casey’s Corner, then get ready for 12 Days of Christmas Dogs. In the 12 days leading up to Christmas, guests will be able to purchase past specialty Hot Dogs of the Month. Each of these special hot dogs will be available for one day only, so you better mark your calendars! Here’s the complete list of the 12 Days of Christmas Dogs:
- Dec. 14: Pineapple Teriyaki Dog (topped with roasted pineapple, onions, Teriyaki sauce, and green onions)
- Dec. 15: Buffalo Chicken Dog (topped with buffalo chicken, celery, and a garlic ranch drizzle)
- Dec. 16: Greek Dog (topped with olives, banana peppers, red onions, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce)
- Dec. 17: Cuban Dog (topped with mojo pork, relish, swiss cheese, and mustard)
- Dec. 18: Aztec Dog (topped with sweet and spicy ground beef and creamy elote mixed with spicy lime mayonnaise and grated Parmesan cheese)
- Dec. 19: Philly Cheesesteak Dog (topped with roast beef, sautéed peppers and onions, and cheese sauce)
- Dec. 20: Casey’s Classic Dog (topped with hash browns, bacon, cheese, and fried onion straws)
- Dec. 21: Cheesy Dog (topped with cheddar cheese, queso cheese, and spicy cheese puffs)
- Dec. 22: Jalapeño Popper Dog (topped with cheese sauce, garlic ranch, bacon bits, jalapeño poppers, and sliced jalapeños)
- Dec. 23: Loaded Mashed Potato Dog (topped with garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, cheddar, bacon, scallion sour cream, and green onions)
- Dec. 24: Poutine Dog (topped with fries, poutine gravy, cheese curds, and chives)
- Dec. 25 through Jan 1.: 2 Foot-Long Hot Dog (with your choice of two toppings: Casey’s Classic, Chili Cheese, or Macaroni & Cheese)
Don’t forget, there is also the Holiday Wishes Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party, where you can enjoy holiday snacks and sweets while you watch the holiday fireworks over Cinderella Castle. You can either make reservations for seating at Tomorrowland Terrace or at Plaza Garden.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- Mickey & Minnie’s New Outfits For 90th Anniversary & Other Disney News This Week
- Toy Story Land Holiday Preview, New Disney World Hotel, & Other Disney News This Week
- Spaceship Earth Is Reportedly Closing For Over 2 Years & Other Disney News This Week