This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Last Updated on February 25, 2019 by Allyson
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Dec. 17-Dec. 23, 2018:
1. The New 4-Park Magic Ticket Deal
This new Disney World ticket deal is something you should definitely think about, because it’s actually a really affordable package. For $85 per day (plus tax) or for a total of $340 (plus tax), you can get the 4-Park Magic Value Ticket.
This means you’ll have one day of admission to Magic Kingdom, one day of admission to Epcot, one day of admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and one day of admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which equals a total of four admissions over four separate days. Basically, you’ll have access to one theme park per day and the tickets can only be used to enter each them park once. The 4-Park Magic Value Ticket deal can be purchased starting on Jan. 18, 2019 and the tickets are only valid for admission from Jan. 18-March 1, 2019. Also, the tickets must be used within seven days of first use or by March 1, 2019, whichever comes first.
There are also two additional 4-Park Magic Tickets available for a higher price and that may be used on select dates through Sept. 30, 2019. These include the Select package ($89 per day, plus tax; $356 total, plus tax) and the Summer package ($95 per day, plus tax; $380 total, plus tax). For all of the details, visit the official 4-Park Magic Tickets website.
2. There’s A New Glow Prop At WDW
For those who’ve visited Disney World before, then you know there are all kinds of Magic Shots located across the parks, where you can pose with characters and props. There are even many glow props at the parks, including a lantern from Tangled and a light-up lantern with Tinker Bell, both located at Magic Kingdom. Well, there is a new glow prop you might not be aware of: a colorful light-up lantern in the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot. It’s beautiful and looks like it’d make for a great photo souvenir!
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) December 17, 2018
3. Storybook Dining Is Officially Open
In September, Disney announced a new character dining experience coming to Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in December: Storybook Dining. Well, Storybook Dining with Snow White, the Evil Queen, Grumpy, and Dopey is officially open for business. Based on the many photos, videos, and reviews (check out Kim Button’s thorough review over at KimandCarrie.com) so far, it looks like a character dining experience everyone needs to make a reservation for!
4. Disneyland’s Wetzel’s Pretzels Reopened
If you consider yourself a lover of pretzels, then you’re going to want to visit the newly reopened Wetzel’s Pretzels at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
5. The runDisney 2019-2020 Race Calendar Is Here
Love Disney? Love running? Here you go! The 2019-2020 runDisney calendar is here. Dates for the events and registration are as follows:
- runDisney Virtual Series
- Event Date: June 1-Aug. 31, 2019
- General Registration: May 7, 2019
- Disneyland Paris Run Weekend
- Event Date: Sept. 19-22, 2019
- Packages Now Available
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
- Event Date: Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2019
- General Registration: March 19, 2019
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- Event Date: Jan. 8-12, 2020
- General Registration: April 16, 2019
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend
- Event Date: Feb. 20-23, 2020
- General Registration: June 4, 2019
- Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon
- Event Date: Jan. 3-March 31, 2020
- General Registration: July 16, 2019
- Star Wars Rival Run Weekend
- Event Date: April 16-19, 2020
- General Registration: July 16, 2019
For more information, head on over to the official runDisney website.
6. Purple Potion Ears Have Finally Arrived
You can now purchase the Purple Potion ears! They are officially at Disneyland Resort (here are the locations, courtesy of Magic Kingdom Mamas). According to Disney Parks Blog, the gorgeous pair of ears will drop at World of Disney in Disney World’s Disney Springs and other select locations on Dec. 26!
The new year isn't quite here yet but one of the hottest new colors of 2019 is about to debut at @DisneySprings—be a trendsetter with the new Minnie Mouse potion purple ears! Available at the World of Disney store on December 26 at 10 a.m.✨🐭💜 #ShopDisneySprings pic.twitter.com/SXprCGcUGJ
— Disney Springs (@DisneySprings) December 19, 2018
7. The Tropical Hideaway Is Now Open For Business
On Dec. 19, Disneyland park’s The Tropical Hideaway had its soft opening and it officially opened on Dec. 21. It looks as amazing as the first look pictures originally teased. To see more from the restaurant, which also offers a variety of Dole Whip flavors, Magic Kingdom Mamas and EverythingDisney.55 were kind enough to share photos and reviews!
8. Also, Those Aulani Plumeria Ears Are At Tropical Hideaway
As you can see below, the Plumeria ears originally sold at Disney’s Aulani Resort can be purchased at The Tropical Hideaway. Thanks to Sabrina over at EverythingDisney.55 for sharing!
View this post on Instagram
The @disneyaulani ears available now @disneyland 🤩at the Tropical Hideaway . Love that they have these here. Overall here are my thoughts on the tropical hideaway. 🌴Food is great 👍🏼 • 🌴Lines go by so quick no real wait time. 🌴Rosita is amazing 🌴Views are amazing 🌴Details and ambiance is great 🌴Only thing that could be a problem and it’s most likely just because it’s a new spot but seating. You may be looking around for a bit to grab a spot. Other than that everything else was awesome 👍🏼
9. New Details About Disney Springs’ NBA Experience
In summer 2019 at Disney Springs, the NBA Experience will open and based on the latest details it sounds like the perfect spot for basketball fans. Here’s what you’ll find at the hands-on experience:
- A photo opportunity re-creating the atmosphere of the NBA Draft.
- A replicated NBA Combine challenge helping individuals improve their jump shots and passing skills.
- Take a series of timed shots on a court, all while hearing the “crowd” roar.
- Adjustable baskets helping you perfect a slam dunk.
- Test ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer.
- An oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of different heights in a timed-challenge.
- Learn more about the history of both the NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- A locker room showing up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- A trivia game testing NBA and WNBA knowledge.
- Two 180-degree cinematic presentations showcasing in-arena experiences with stories from players.
- An interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games.
- Interactive basketball games, including Pop-A-Shot.
- Of course, there will also be a store for you to purchase NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
10. You Can Purchase Those Disney Starbucks Mugs Online
Whenever you walk through the Disney Starbucks locations, have you ever wanted to buy the special park-themed Starbucks mugs, but just haven’t yet? Well, good news — especially if you don’t live near Disney World and Disneyland. The Disney World and Disneyland Starbucks mugs can now be purchased online via shopDisney!
View this post on Instagram
🚨 @magic_kingdom_mamas found WDW Starbucks mugs and ornaments available on @shopdisney!!!🤯🤩 HURRY!! Tag your friends and grab them before they’re gone!!🏃🏻♀️🏃🏼♂️🏃🏻♀️ Hoping this means new ones are on the way!💸 Thanks for the heads up, Emily!😘 ☕️☕️☕️ #disneystarbucks#toystory#youarehere#magickingdom#epcot#hollywoodstudios#animalkingdom#toystoryland#disneyornaments#tobeapartner#starbucks#starbucksmug#disneymerch#disneydining#youareherecollection#coffee#waltdisneyworld#shopdisney#endlessmagic#butfirstcoffee#disneymug#mugcollection#popsugar#disneydrinks#disneyvacation#wdw#disneyhome#disneymugs#disneymagic#disneylifestyle
11. Typhoon Lagoon’s Adult-Only Hideaway
Need a nice getaway? From Dec. 26-31, you can enjoy an adult-only hideaway at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. For anyone 18 and older, you can hang head on over to the water park and hang out at the Adult Cove with food, specialty beverages, and live music at Hammerhead Fred’s Bar. How amazing does that sound? Now, Adult Cove is only available for the dates listed above, so if you want to check it out, do so before it’s too late!
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series Details & Other Disney News This Week
- Disneyland After Dark Returns & Other Disney News This Week
- Two New Epcot Nighttime Spectaculars & More Coming To Disney Parks
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!