This article contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Dec. 7, 2018-Jan. 13, 2019:
1. IllumiNations Dining Package Announced
You will soon be able to make reservations for the new IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth dining package! Starting Jan. 17, you can reserve the new dining package, which will not only offer great views of the nighttime spectacular from Rose & Crown Dining Room’s patio, but will allow you to taste some yummy food and drinks. A prix fixe menu is offered with unlimited alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages. It costs $85 per adult (ages 10+) and $35 per child (ages 3-9); tax and gratuity included. It sounds like a great way to enjoy IllumiNations before it officially ends at the end of summer.
2. New Hollywood Studios Logo
This is somewhat old news, but somehow I missed it. So, if you missed it as well, Hollywood Studios’ 30th anniversary logo debuted on Jan. 2! Guests will see it in the actual park sometime later this month. As reported by the Orlando Sentinel, not only was the logo revealed during the livestream of the New Year’s Eve fireworks at Magic Kingdom, it was also announced that more logos with other characters will soon be unveiled.
— Orlando Sentinel (@orlandosentinel) January 2, 2019
3. Disneyland Ticket Prices Increase
There was a major ticket price increase at Disneyland Resort this past week. Click here to see how much it will now cost you to enter the parks, including an increase for annual passes.
4. AP Special Offerings Announced For Festival of the Arts
Here is some good news for Disney World Annual Passholders! During this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts (Jan. 18-Feb. 25), Passholders will receive several special offerings, which include:
- Grab a complimentary Passholder magnet with Figment during your first visit to the festival at either Mouse Gear or Port of Entry.
- Take advantage of the 20 percent Passholder discount on the Festival of the Arts MagicBand, spirit jersey, T-shirt, and ornament, which all feature Figment.
- There will also be Passholder-exclusive festival merchandise, including a T-shirt and coaster set with Mickey and a Pluto pin.
- An exclusive Figment cookie can also be purchased at Taste Track from Jan. 18 through Jan. 26.
- At the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, Passholders will also receive a 10 percent discount for dining packages and a 20 percent discount on dining packages at Biergarten Restaurant and Coral Reef Restaurant for lunch and dinner through Jan. 31.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) January 11, 2019
5. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Opening Date
For anyone visiting Hong Kong Disneyland Resort in the future, take note that the Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! attraction will open on March 31!
6. Take A Look At Disney Springs’ Jaleo
Be sure to head on over to the Disney Parks Blog to check out Jaleo, a new restaurant by José Andrés that is slated to debut in winter 2019 at Disney Springs. Jaleo will offer the “spirit and flavors of Spain.”
7. Potion Purple Treats & Merchandise Have Arrived
Purple is the new theme at both Disney World and Disneyland. If you want to eat purple treats and wear purple Disney merch, you now can! From Potion Purple ears to spirit jerseys to water bottles to cake pops to macarons, there are all kinds of purple goodies for you to now purchase at the parks!
Living in a purple world and we’re not mad about it 💜Start planning your next trip to @Disneyland here: https://t.co/lfOvatP41D and @WaltDisneyWorld here: https://t.co/MAKedADF1X pic.twitter.com/47TJfqkmyI
— Disney Style (@DisneyStyle) January 11, 2019
8. Rock the Dots Gear Is Here
In honor of National Polka Dot Day on Jan. 22, Disney has released all kinds of Rock the Dots merchandise that is available at both Disney World and Disneyland. There’s a good chance you’ll want to add all of the polka dot-goodness to your wardrobe.
9. There Are New Donut Ears
Yep, you can even grab a brand new pair of donut-themed mouse ears that are cute enough to eat. Of course, don’t eat them, they are only for sitting atop your head and making your Disney outfit look even cuter!
10. You’ll Want These New Disney Purses
Designer Danielle Nicole is at it again! She created Mickey pizza and Mickey donut purses that are now available for purchase at Disney World, specifically at Magic Kingdom. I’m not sure if the purses are at other store locations across parks and resorts or if they’re at Disneyland. I will be sure to let you know if I learn further information. [UPDATE: They are available at Disneyland.]
11. Check Out DCA’s Lunar New Year Festival Menus
Menus for Disney California Adventure’s Lunar New Year Festival this year were released. Click here to check out what you can taste and purchase at the Lunar New Year Marketplaces!
12. Mickey Ice Cream Bars At The Grocery Store?!
Did you hear? A beloved park treat is reportedly going to be in grocery stores for a limited time starting in February! That’s right, you just might soon spot Mickey Premium Bars in the freezer section celebrating Mickey’s 90th birthday and all thanks to Nestle and Disney. How exciting is that?
13. New Goodies Celebrating Minnie & Mickey At Disneyland
There are a lot of cute treats and merchandise coming to Disneyland Resort for the park’s Get Your Ears On — A Mickey and Minnie Celebration in honor of Mickey and Minnie. Specialty food, beverages, hats, bags, shirts, a Pandora 14-karat gold “90” dangle charm, Dooney & Bourke Mickey-themed bags, a Mickey Through the Years dress at The Disney Dress Shop, and, of course, even Mickey-inspired food! Everything previously mentioned will only be available for a limited time.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- 2019 Free Disney World Dining Announced & Other Disney News This Week
- New ‘Star Wars’: Galaxy’s Edge Sneak Peek & Other Disney News This Week
- 4-Park Magic Tickets Offered At Disney World & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!