This article contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Feb. 18 -Feb. 24, 2019:
1. Epcot’s Getting A Major Makoever
If you haven’t heard the news, there are a lot of changes coming to Epcot — and just in time for Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021. Check it out:
1. A new play pavilion: A playful and fun space featuring an “innovative city” that will be found under a dome of the former Wonders of Life Pavilion. Here you’ll be able to meet Disney characters, enjoy entertainment, and partake in activities and interactive experiences.
2. A new main entrance: New pathways, greenery, and a fountain! The design is in honor of the original park entrance. This also means the Leave a Legacy photos will be relocated to right outside the entrance.
3. Furthermore: A redevelopment will begin at an unknown date on the area between Spaceship Earth and the World Showcase Promenade. PLUS, a new Experience Center in the Odyssey Events Pavilion featuring interactive exhibits to help guests visualize the future additions is coming later this year.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) February 21, 2019
2. DCA’s 2019 Food & Wine Merch Is So Cute
Disney California Adventure’s 2019 Food & Wine Festival is soon arriving at Disneyland Resort (March 1-April 23). With all of the delicious food and beverages available for guests, park goers can also purchase some super cute merchandise. From themed-apparel (like a new spirit jersey, as seen below!), to the cutest ears with a fork and spoon on them (for real!), to a pin, baseball cap, wine tote, to glassware, to even a cutting board shaped like a wine bottle, there are all kinds of options! You can pick up the items at DCA for a limited time at either Oswald’s, Elias & Co., Trolley Treats, Off the Page, and Festival Merchandise Carts.
Commemorate the good times enjoying delicious food and beverages inspired by the bounty of California with this year's Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival exclusive merchandise! https://t.co/8UccE2pxi0 pic.twitter.com/nMAtkHLZq9
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) February 20, 2019
3. There Are So Many New Magic Kingdom Treats
You better start planning multiple trips to Magic Kingdom, because all kinds of new treats are coming to the park. Starting Feb. 24 you can get the following:
–Hei Hei Cone: A blue sugar cone topped with raspberry soft-serve, pineapple Dole Whip, sugar eyes, and sour candy. You can find this at Aloha Isle in Adventureland.
–Lost Princess Cone: A purple cone topped with lemon soft-serve and edible flowers. You can find this at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland.
–“Adventure is Out There” Cone: A blue sugar cone topped with mango soft-serve and candy balloon piece. You can find this at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland.
PLUS, the following will be available beginning March 1:
-Minnie Mouse-themed sundaes at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
-Mickey and Minnie Whoopie Pies at Columbia Harbour House & Tony’s Town Square
-The return of the Mickey Confetti Pretzel at Tortuga Tavern
-A limited-time Mardi Gras-themed treat, the Frog Prince Whoopie Pie, at Liberty Square Market
-Casey Corner’s March Hot Dog of the Month, the Casey Corn Beef Hash Dog
-Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae at Sleepy Hollow
AND! There are adorable new ice cream containers celebrating Mickey and Minnie that you can find at various locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) February 21, 2019
4. More Details Released About Disney’s Riviera Resort
If you’re looking forward to Disney’s Riviera Resort, the 15th Disney Vacation Club Resort that will help guest immerse themselves in the grandeur and enchantment of the European Riviera, you’ll want to read up on the following new details. FYI, you can already make hotel reservations for stays beginning in December 2019.
-There is a feature pool called the Riviera Pool and an interactive water play area, appropriately dubbed S’il Vous Play.
-There is a leisure pool called Beau Soleil, which is for those wanting a more lounging and private poolside experience.
-Bar Riva, an open-air pool bar that you can chill at with a refreshing drink while enjoying poolside views or have the yummy beverage right next to the pool.
-A waterfront promenade, in which you can partake on a relaxing stroll around the resort.
This sure sounds like a beautiful resort that will also feel like a European Riviera getaway — but at Disney World.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) February 22, 2019
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- New Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble Event & Other Disney News This Week
- ‘Lion King’ Celebration Coming To Disney California Adventure & Other Disney News This Week
- New Disneyland Princess Character Breakfast & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!