Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of July 22-28, 2019:
1. New ‘Boo To You’ Details
This year’s Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (on select nights from Aug. 16-Nov. 1) will feature all kinds of new additions, including:
- Mickey and Minnie in new Halloween costumes.
- The Haunted Mansion float will feature the spectral Bride.
- A new Tomorrowland unit will include The Incredibles and Edna Mode, in addition to Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers.
2. Dates For Disneyland’s 2019 Holiday Season
Disneyland Resort’s holiday season dates are here: Nov. 8 through Jan. 6, 2020.
3. ‘MVMCP’ Adds Holiday Twists To Attractions
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (on select nights from Nov. 8-Dec. 22) will see attractions with brand new holiday enhancements during this year’s event at Magic Kingdom.
- Tomorrowland Speedway: A festive freeway filled with thousands of lights and stylized décor.
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: Will put some “Ha Ha Ha” in their “Ho Ho Ho,” with a new show.
- Space Mountain: Will feature dazzling lighting and high-energy holiday tunes.
- Mad Tea Party: Four new holiday combos of lights and music.
4. Advanced Reservations For Oga’s Cantina & Savi’s Workshop
You can make advanced reservations for Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland. Right now, you can only make reservations 14 days in advance. That said, you’ll soon be able to make reservations 60 days in advance.
5. A New WDW Holiday Package
A new Ultimate Disney Christmas Package is now available for this holiday season at Walt Disney World. Check in is on Dec. 21 and check out is on Dec. 26. You must book now through Oct. 26, 2019 for a 5-night stay in a Moderate, Deluxe, or Deluxe Villa Resort and for 4-day theme park ticket with Park Hopper option. You can upgrade to a Park Hopper Plus or add additional ticket days. Here’s what else you need to know:
•Dec. 21: EXCLUSIVE nighttime access to Avatar Flight of Passage, Na’vi River Journey, and Expedition Everest. Also, an exclusive showing of Rivers of Light: We Are One.
•Dec. 22: Tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (this is the final party day).
•Dec. 23 or 24 (one night per reservation): EXCLUSIVE reserved viewing area at World View Plaza to watch the new nighttime spectacular Epcot Forever. Each guest (ages 3 and up) will receive a digital $50 Epcot Theme Park Dine Promo Card for participating locations.
•Dec. 25: An Ultimate Disney Christmas gift delivered to your room.
To make reservations, you must call (407) 939-5268 or book through a travel agent.
6. 2019 NYE Celebrations At WDW
There are a bunch of 2019 New Year’s Eve celebrations at Walt Disney World’s Coronado Springs’ new Gran Destino Tower, the Riviera Resort (set to open in December), the Contemporary, the BoardWalk, and the Grand Floridian. For all of the details and reservation information, click here.
7. Lisa Ling Added To Candlelight Processional
Lisa Ling will narrate Epcot’s Candlelight Processional from Dec. 29-30. Here’s a list of the other narrators.
8. New Mobile Ordering Spots At Disneyland & DCA
9. Sunset Seasons Greetings Dates
Sunset Seasons Greetings returns Nov. 8 and will run through Jan. 5, 2020 at Hollywood Studios. This is the projection show on Tower of Terror.
10. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Anniversary Merchandise
In celebration of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster’s 20th anniversary, there is now merchandise available for purchase at Rock around the Shop and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Studios.
11. New V.I.Passholder Perks Coming To Epcot
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can enjoy new V.I.Passholder Perks at Epcot this summer. Remember, you’ll need your valid annual pass and photo ID to take advantage of the perks. They include:
-Reserved Seating for an Out-of-this-World Concert Series: Reserved seating on a first-come, first-served basis for concerts taking place July 29-Aug. 18 at America Gardens Theatre.
-Receive a 10% Discount at Fife & Drum and Block & Hans: – Receive a 10% discount on non-discounted food and beverage items, including alcohol, from July 29-Aug. 18. You must use non-cash payment methods including credit and debit cards and gift cards.
-Try A “Secret” Sunshine Seasons Treat: Ask for the Annual Passholder Secret Treat inside The Land pavilion from July 29-Aug. 28.
-Get a Complimentary Sweet Treat at Coral Reef Restaurant: Receive a 10% discount (valid for the Passholder and up to three guests) and an exclusive, complimentary dessert (prosecco ice-cream with berries, whipped cream, raspberry powder, and fresh mint) when you purchase an adult entrée from July 29-Aug. 28. (Limit: one complimentary dessert per adult entrée per Passholder.)
-Special Disney PhotoPass Opportunity: Visit Disney PhotoPass photographers at the bridge in the Italy pavilion for pics with some Passholder-exclusive props from July 29-Aug. 28.
12. ToT Animated Magic Shot
There’s a new Animated Magic Shot in honor of Tower of Terror’s 25th anniversary that’s very cool! Check it out here.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- 2019 Free Walt Disney World Dining Announced & Other Disney News This Week
- Major Epcot Changes Happening Soon & Other Disney News This Week
- Main Street Electrical Parade Is Returning To Disneyland & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!
Featured Image: Courtesy of Walt Disney World Resort