Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of July 29-Aug. 4, 2019:
1. ‘World Of Color’ Goes Halloween & Party Merch
During Disney California Adventure’s Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party, guests will experience a new World of Color show called Villainous! During the nighttime spectacular, Oogie Boogie will tell a Halloween story about Shelley Marie, who’s struggling with her Halloween costume and wonders “if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney villains.”
The party will also include Oogie Boogie Bash merchandise and treats. You can purchase themed-shirts, zip-up sweatshirts, ears, pins, and a light-up sipper at Elias and Co. and Gone Hollywood. There will also be Oogie Boogie-inspired sweet funnel cake fries and a beverage with dice glow cubes.
2. WDW Has More Alcohol Options At Galaxy’s Edge
In addition to Oga’s Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios, guests can purchase other alcoholic beverages. The following are exclusive to Walt Disney World.
- Rodian Ration — vodka, sour apple liqueur, Sprite, and green apple popping pearls.
- Takodana Quencher— dragon berry rum, blue curaçao, Simply Orange with pineapple, and kiwi.
- Gold Squadron Lager — Blue Point Brewing Co. (Golden Lager with Lavender and Plum flavors)
3. Milk Stand:
- Blue Milk with Bacardri Rum
- Green Milk with Corazon Blanco Tequila
4. Ronto Roasters:
- Trandoshan Ale — Concrete Beach Brewery (16 oz. Spiced Wheat Ale)
- Coruscant Cooler — Kentucky bourbon, cherry liqueur, fortified wine, cranberry, and lime juice
3. WDW & Disneyland Celebrate The Haunted Mansion’s 50th
Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion celebrates its 50th anniversary this month. Both the Anaheim park and Walt Disney World will honor the attraction.
Disneyland — Aug. 9:
- New Orleans Square Cart:
- Procure a Host A Ghost: Choose a jar with either the soul of Constance Hatchaway, Professor Phineas Plump, The Hatbox Ghost, and more.
- La Mascarade d’Orleans:
- Alex and Ani “50 Years of Happy Haunts” charm and three new Haunted Mansion Pandora charms, including a limited-edition anniversary charm. There will also be anniversary-themed pins.
- Other Merchandise:
- Choose from a commemorative ear hat, shirts, and more!
Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom — Aug. 9:
- Memento Mori:
- Host-A-Ghost Collection: Like the Disneyland collection and you’ll also receive a “death certificate” that officiates your role of caretaker for a resident and Haunted Mansion happy haunt.
- Commemorative items: ear hat, ornament, mug, magnet, toy doom buggy replica, Pandora charm set, Alex and Ani bracelet, light-up headband, and other 50th anniversary apparel.
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe:
- Haunted-Mansion inspired Dooney & Bourke collection, including a tote, cross body bag, and an exclusive satchel for Passholders.
- Frontier Trading Post:
- Commemorative “day of” pin, mystery pin collection, and a glow in the dark Madame Leota Funko Pop!
- Haunted Mansion ice cream cart:
- Host-A-Ghost chocolate cupcake: dark chocolate truffle filling, crispy pearls, buttercream icing, and milk chocolate decoration.
4. New Fall Offerings For WDW Passholders
There are limited-time fall offerings for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders at Epcot and Animal Kingdom starting Aug. 29.
Epcot — Food & Wine:
*Complimentary Chef Minnie (Aug. 29-Oct. 14) and Chef Remy (Oct. 15-Nov. 23) magnets and a complimentary Chef Minnie wooden coaster set (on fourth visit to festival) that can be picked up at either Mouse Gear or Disney Traders. There’s also exclusive Passholder merchandise, including tees, caps, mugs, pins, and more.
*Dicounts: Receive a 10% discount on Eat to the Beat Concert Series dining packages and a $10 digital bonus to use at select Table-Service restaurants in Epcot when purchasing a $100 Disney Gift Card (Mouse Gear, Disney Traders, the Bridge Kiosk, and Port of Entry). The restaurants include: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Biergarten Restaurant, Coral Reef Restaurant, Garden Grill Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, and Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room.
*Meet Winnie the Pooh at the United Kingdom pavilion on Aug. 29
Animal Kingdom (the following begins Aug. 29):
*Meet Baloo and Tarzan and Jane
*Hidden menu items through Sept. 2 from 3-6 p.m. at Dawa Bar, Thirsty River, Restaurantosaurus Lounge, and Nomad Lounge. Make sure you ask for the “special menu”!
*Complimentary Simba magnet at Discovery Trading company
5. Swan & Dolphin Adds Quick Service Options
There are two quick service food and drink spots coming to the Swan and Dolphin Resort that will be located in the Swan lobby.
- Later this summer: Java, a grab-and-go dining location offering breakfast options, ready-made sandwiches, snacks, teas, coffee, beer, wine, a special Nitro Brew, and more.
- Fall: A new frozen drink counter.
6. Animal Kingdom’s Holiday Celebration
As previously announced, Animal Kingdom is finally getting the holiday treatment it deserves. You can check out the holiday concept art for the park below. Here are more holiday Discovery Island details:
- Sparkling white holiday decorations
- Colorful, animal-inspired luminaries on the rooftops
- Wireframe lanterns in the shape of beautiful birds perched throughout
- Winter animals in the shape of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets, including reindeer, foxes, polar bears, penguins, and more
- Rooftop luminaries and bird lanterns light up at night
- The Tree of Life awakens with a series of wintry tales and holiday-inspired musical score
7. Main Street Electrical Parade
There are so many Main Street Electrical Parade-themed goodies at Disneyland available now through Sept. 30. There’s even a popcorn bucket that guests can buy mid-August and have refilled for $1.50 on the same day of purchase with a valid receipt!
8. Meet Artists In Downtown Disney District
In August, guests can meet different artists at the WonderGround Gallery in the Downtown Disney District.
- Benjamin Burch, Featured Artisan of the Month: Aug. 10-11, 17-18 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Martin Hsu, Artist in Residence: Aug. 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 from 5 to 9 p.m.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- New ‘Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade’ Details & Other Disney News This Week
- 2019 Free Walt Disney World Dining Announced & Other Disney News This Week
- Major Epcot Changes Happening Soon & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!
Featured Image: Courtesy of Disneyland Resort