This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
It’s the most spook-tacular time of the year! Halloween is basically right around the corner, well, in the world of Disney parks that is. Starting on Aug. 16 and running through Nov. 1 (on select nights), Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
And in some good news: I’m going to MNSSHP for the FIRST TIME this year. As always, you’ll be able to follow along on Instagram. I’m so excited to share my visit with you all and learn even more about the event so I can share tips, especially for first-timers.
With that, if you also plan on attending MNSSHP this year, here’s a list of everything new and old that you can expect.
‘Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular’ + Dessert Parties
A new fireworks show called Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular joins the party! Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas serves as host. Yes, his ghost dog Zero will accompany him for the spectacular featuring projections, lasers, lighting, and, of course, fireworks. Jack will tell party-goers a “not-so-scary” story about Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy, who find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts, and Disney villains will make appearances as well. There is one show nightly at 10:15 p.m. You can watch a sneak peak below.
There are also TWO dessert parties for the new fireworks spectacular. They are:
1. Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
Price (in addition to party tickets) : $69 (ages 10+) and $41 (ages 30-9), plus tax
Location: Enjoy desserts and specialty drinks at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, with priority fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
Dessert Party Time: 8:45 p.m.
Fireworks Show Time: 10:15 p.m.
Reservations: Call (407) 939-1872 or book online
2. Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Price (in addition to party tickets): $84 (ages 10+) and $50 (ages 3-9), plus tax
Location: Buffet of desserts and specialty beverages at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, where you’ll also enjoy the fireworks
Dessert Party Time: 8:45 p.m.
Fireworks Show Time: 10:15 p.m.
Reservations: Call (407) 407-939-1872 or book online
Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way
This fun new event allows party goers to mingle with Cruella De Vil, enjoy yummy sweet and savory treats from a buffet and beverages, and score reserved seating for the 11:15 p.m. Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade. Better yet, guests can come and go at their leisure, even after the parade. Seating is first-come, first-served and everyone is encouraged to share the seating provided compared to formal dining reservations.
Price (in addition to party ticket): $99 per person, plus tax
Location: Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
Soiree Time: 9:30 p.m. through 12:30 a.m. (runs 30 minutes later than the party); Guests can check in starting at 9 p.m.
Reservations: Call (407) 939-3463 or book online
New ‘Boo To You’ Additions
During this year’s Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade, there are a few new additions that sound super fun! They include:
- The spectral Bride joins the Haunted Mansion unit.
- A new Tomorrowland float featuring The Incredibles and Edna Mode followed by Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers “discovering crystalline treasures on the surface of a planetary playset float.”
*Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor: Everybody’s favorite group of monsters will explore the “curious Human World holiday we call Halloween.”
*Pirates of the Caribbean: Like last year, guests will enjoy an overlay for the Adventureland attraction with live pirates who embark on a NEW adventure in search of treasure.
*Space Mountain: The Tomorrowland mountain will again go completely dark with a NEW “hard-rockin’ soundtrack.”
*Mad Tea Party: The Fantasyland attraction will once again spin teacups along with special lighting and music.
A ‘Descendants’ Dance Party
If you love the Descendants, then this is for you. A new DescenDANCE party will happen nightly at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. Prior to that, guests can experience the dance festivities at the Marketplace Stage in Disney Springs from now until Aug. 11.
Fancy Nancy Joins The Festivities
Fans of Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will be happy to hear that Nancy Clancy is joining the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam in Fantasyland this year. She joins other beloved characters, including Doc McStuffins, Timon, and Vampirina. The dance party occurs throughout the night.
New Party Pass
The Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass allows guests to attend every party night, except for Oct. 31. The pass costs $299 plus tax. If you already purchased a ticket, you can upgrade to the pass. To book, call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-4295 or visit any ticket window at a WDW theme park.
Food, Merchandise, & PhotoPass Opportunities
Below are all of the party exclusive treats:
Jack and Sally Push Cake Pops (Carts near Cinderella Castle)
- Sally cake pop — gluten-friendly vanilla cake, buttercream, strawberry crispy pearls, and a white chocolate Sally.
- Jack cake pop — chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream, white chocolate and dark chocolate crispy pearls, dark chocolate curls, and a white chocolate Jack Skellington.
Now Begin Thy Magic Spell (Casey’s Corner): Red slush with passion fruit, blue curaçao syrup, Sprite, and lemonade garnished with a chocolate-covered apple slice.
Hades Nachos and Billy’s Worms & Dirt (Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café)
- Nachos: Black bean nacho chips topped with “fiery” buffalo chicken and your choice of items from the toppings bar.
- Worms & Dirt: Chocolate pudding topped with gluten-friendly cake crumbs, gummy worms, and a white chocolate decoration featuring the zombie, himself.
Caramel Pretzel, Cinnamon Donuts, and Frozen Apple Cider (Golden Oak Outpost)
Headless Horseman Cheesecake and Chocolate Mickey Waffle Sundae (Sleepy Hollow)
- Cheesecake: Pumpkin cheesecake layered with gluten-friendly chocolate cake, chocolate crunchies, orange glaze, and a Headless Horseman chocolate piece.
- Sundae: Black chocolate waffles come topped with pumpkin gelato, candy corn, caramel sauce, and sprinkles.
Constance’s for Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Liberty Square Popcorn Cart): Citrus-scented cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, white chocolate glaze, icing pearls, flowers , and a chocolate axe.
Snake Eyes (Storybook Treats — Coming in September): Drink with Sprite, green apple, and lemonade garnished with gummy worms, and light up dice.
Berry Blaster (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café): Specialty drink with blue curaçao syrup, cherry lemonade, and Sprite garnished with a lemon wheel and raspberries.
Lots-O-Burger (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café): Beef patty topped with brie fondue, strawberry-bacon jam, an onion ring, and a Lotso bun.
Pirates Horizon (Available at Aloha Isle): Orange juice, passion fruit, and pineapple juice garnished with a pineapple wedge on a pirate sword skewer.
Hades Hatred (Cool Ship): Lemonade, blue curaçao syrup, and blueberry popping pearls topped with blue cotton candy.
Here is the merchandise and photo-ops:
- Choose from a Mickey Pumpkin Balloon and Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets; the Hitchhiking Ghosts buckets (2) and sipper (1); and a Jack Skellington sipper!
- Visit Blog Mickey to see all of the party merchandise, including Hocus Pocus ears and Spirit Jersey!
- There are 30-plus PhotoPass opportunities!
- A MNSSHP exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card is available during party nights. The card is inspired by Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular. You must have a party ticket and wristband when you grab the card at the Firehouse on Main Street.
‘Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade’ & The Headless Horseman
As mentioned above, Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade is coming back for all kinds of spooky goodness! The parade features your favorite characters dressed up in costumes, along with Disney villains. The parade runs twice nightly at 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. Don’t forget that prior to each parade, the Headless Horseman rides along the route for guests to enjoy.
‘Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular’
The live show takes place on the Cinderella Castle stage and features Hocus Pocus’ Sanderson Sisters and Disney villains, including Oogie Boogie, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficient. There are three shows: 8:30 p.m., 10:45 p.m., and midnight.
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Dance Ball
On the Tomorrowland Stage, guests can enjoy this dance party throughout the night with Mike and Sulley from Monsters, Inc.
Frontierland Costume Promenade
Prospector Cactus-Flower Cate gathers kids who are dressed up to show off their costumes in a quest for treasure, aka candy, in Frontierland. The promenade happens right before each Boo to You parade.
Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet gather in Frontierland to sing and interact with guests. They sing a variety of themed-tunes, which might include:
- “Cruella DeVil”
- “Darkness On The Delta”
- “Ghost Riders In The Sky”
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts”
- “Happy Trails To You”
- “Home On The Range”
- “Lone Prairie”
- “The Headless Horseman”
- “The Oogie Boogie Song”
- “Trick Or Treat”
- “Tumblin’ Tumbleweeds”
- “Why Do They Call Me A Tenderfoot”
Special Character Meetings
Of course, all kinds of characters join the party — and in costume. You can even meet characters you don’t typically see roaming the park, including Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
As always, guests can trick or treat throughout the park. If you have any food allergies, be sure to ask a Cast Member for a teal-colored treat bag. At each treat station, you’ll receive a teal token, which you can redeem later on at the Allergy-Friendly Centers for special treats.
Here are the dates for this year’s party:
- August: 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- September: 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- October: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November: 1
IMPORTANT: Party goers can check in and enter Magic Kingdom THREE hours before the event begins. MNSSHP starts at 7 p.m. and runs until midnight.
- The Spookiest Attractions At Disney World & Disneyland For Halloween
- New ‘Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade’ Details & Other Disney News This Week
- 2019 ‘MNSSHP’ Tickets On Sale & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!
Featured Image: Courtesy of Walt Disney World Resort