This article contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Are you planning on heading to the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival? If so, let’s talk about everything NEW you can expect from another beloved festival that takes place at the Walt Disney World park. The festival runs from Aug. 29-Nov. 23, and listed below are all of the new important details you need to know.
But, before I dive right in, allow me to reveal another exciting announcement: In addition to attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for the first time this year, I will also experience Food & Wine for the first time! Yes, it’s going to be an exciting Disney year for me. I can’t wait to attend the festival and share my experience with all of you. As always, I’ll take you along via my Instagram Story! If you’re not following me, be sure to do so before my next WDW trip.
OK, now back to regularly scheduled programming. Here’s what is new at this year’s Food & Wine, the longest running festival in the park’s history — 87 days!
1. New Festival Center
This year’s Festival Center is in the Canada Pavilion’s theater due to the current construction.
2. Eat to the Beat Concert Series Schedule
The concert series is returning with a new schedule at the America Gardens Theatre in the World Showcase nightly from Aug. 29-Nov. 19. Eat to the Beat will conclude a few days earlier than the festival so the Candlelight Processional stage can be set up. The showtimes are as follows:
- Sundays to Thursdays: 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m., and 9 p.m.
Here is this year’s concert lineup:
- Plain White T’s: Aug. 29-31
- Sawyer Brown (NEW!): Sept. 1-2
- MercyMe: Sept. 3-4
- Grace Kelly (NEW!): Sept. 5-6
- Zach Williams (NEW!): Sept. 7-8
- Lauren Daigle (NEW!): Sept. 9-10
- Jimmie Allen (NEW!): Sept. 11-12
- Tiffany: Sept. 13-15
- Smash Mouth: Sept. 16-17 (replaced Allman Betts Band)
- Everclear: Sept. 18-19
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas: Sept. 20-22
- Postmodern Jukebox: Sept. 23-24
- Blue October: Sept. 25-26
- Mark Wills: Sept. 27-29
- Sugar Ray: Sept. 30-Oct. 2
- Taylor Dayne: Oct. 3-4
- Melina León (NEW!): Oct. 5-6
- 98°: Oct. 7-9
- Boyce Avenue (NEW!): Oct. 10-11
- Southern Avenue (NEW!): Oct. 12-13
- Kenny G: Oct. 14-15
- 38 Special: Oct. 16-17
- Baha Men: Oct. 18-20
- Billy Ocean: Oct. 21-22
- Sheila E.: Oct. 23-25
- High Valley: Oct. 26-27
- Hanson: Oct. 28-30
- Sheena Easton: Oct. 31-Nov. 1
- Kris Allen (NEW!): Nov. 2-3
- Boyz II Men: Nov. 4-6
- The Hooters: Nov. 7-8
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: Nov. 9-11
- Joey Fatone & Friends (*NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and Ryan Cabrera): Nov. 12-14
- BBMak (NEW): Nov. 15-16
- Spanish Harlem Orchestra (NEW!): Nov. 17-18
- DCappella (NEW!): Nov. 19
Don’t forget you can book an Eat to the Beat Dining Package, which offers you a delicious meal and guaranteed concert seating.
3. FOUR New Marketplaces
1. Appleseed Orchard Marketplace (Canada in the film theater near Le Cellier Steakhouse):
- Charcuterie and Cheese Plate featuring Burton’s Maplewood Farm Applejack Brandy Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- Caramel-Apple Popcorn (Kid-approved)
- Frozen Apple Pie (non-alcoholic) (Kid-approved)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Apple Trappe Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Doral, FL
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Apple Pie Beer, Titusville, FL
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. Green Apple Ale, Clearwater, FL
- Ciderboys Lemon Cello Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Collective Arts Brewing Cherry Apple Hard Cider, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Woodchuck Hard Cider Spiced Apple, Middlebury, VT
- Forge Cellars Dry Riesling Classique, Seneca Lake
- Conundrum Red Blend, California
- Amavi Cellars Syrah, Walla Walla Valley
- tenshən Rhône Style White Blend, Central Coast
- Lang & Reed Wine Company Cabernet Franc, North Coast
- Frog’s Leap Zinfandel, Napa Valley
- Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills
- Apple Blossom Sky: Fanta® Apple, Ginger Beer, Floodwall Apple Brandy, Burton’s Maplewood Farm Applejack Brandy Barrel Aged Syrup and Mini Marshmallows
- Beer Flight also available
- Cider Flight also available
- Wine Flights also available
2. The Alps Marketplace (Norway Pavilion)
Food (select dishes feature Melissa’s produce):
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (Vegetarian and Kid-approved)
- Venison Stew with Crushed Potatoes
- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche Cream and Blue Diamond® Almonds (Vegetarian and Kid-approved)
- Domaine CARREL et Fils Eugène Jongieux Blanc
- Cave De La Côte Rosé Gamay, Romand
- René Favre Dôle, Chamoson
- Frozen Rosé
- Wine Flight also available
3. The Donut Box (Debuts Oct. 1 near Test Track):
- Sweet Corn Fritter with Fresno and Red Pepper Jelly (Vegetarian)
- Strawberry-dusted Yeast Donut Holes (Vegetarian) (Kid-approved)
- Strawberry Smoothie made with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk (non-alcoholic) (Kid-approved)
- Central 28 Beer Company Boston Cream Donut Ale, DeBary, FL
- Black and White Coffee Cocktail garnished with a Fresh Yeast Donut with Chocolate Espresso Bean Crumbles
4. Cool Wash (Debuts Oct. 1 near Test Track):
- Create your own frozen beverages with slushy flavors, including Blue Raspberry and Orange Cream. You can even mix in Swedish Fish, Jelly Drops, Boba Pearls, and Pop Rocks.
- Thailand (Near Disney Traders)
- Australia (Near Port of Entry)
- Shimmering Sips (Near Port of Entry)
- Hawai’i (Near Refreshment Port)
- Islands of the Caribbean (Near the Mexico pavilion)
- Mexico (Mexico pavilion)
- India (Near the China pavilion)
- China (China pavilion)
- Africa (Near Refreshment Outpost)
- Refreshment Outpost (Between the China and Germany pavilions)
- Germany (Germany pavilion)
- Sommerfest (Germany pavilion)
- Spain (Between the Germany and Italy pavilions)
- Italy (Italy pavilion)
- Hops & Barley (The American Adventure)
- Block & Hans (The American Adventure)
- Fife & Drum (The American Adventure)
- Funnel Cake (The American Adventure)
- Japan (Japan pavilion)
- Morocco (Morocco pavilion)
- Belgium (Between the Morocco and France pavilions)
- Brazil (Between the Morocco and France pavilions)
- France (France pavilion)
- Ireland (U.K. pavilion)
- Canada (Canada pavilion)
- Refreshment Port (Near the Canada pavilion)
- The Cheese Studio hosted by Boursin® Cheese (Future World West)
- The Chocolate Studio (Future World West)
- The Wine & Dine Studio (Future World West)
- Flavors from Fire hosted by ESPN’s College GameDay (Future World West)
- Earth Eats hosted by Impossible™ Foods (Future World West)
- Active Eats (Future World West)
- Coastal Eats (Future World West)
- The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar Hosted by GHIRARDELLI® Chocolate Company (Near the Land pavilion)
- Sunshine Seasons (Inside the Land pavilion)
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. (Throughout the park)
4. A Cheese Crawl
If you love cheese, this is for you. Emile’s Fromage Montage allows you to purchase any five cheese dishes from the Global Marketplaces listed in the Festival Passport. Be sure to collect a stamp for each cheese purchased and after you’ve collected all five stamps, you’ll bring your stamped passport to Shimmering Sips for a complimentary specialty cheesecake unique to Food & Wine. You can try five different items or try one multiple times and you can complete the crawl either in one day or over several days.
Here are the participating cheeses:
- Earth Eats
IMPOSSIBLE™ Cottage Pie: IMPOSSIBLE™ Ground Meat with Carrots, Mushrooms, and Peas topped with Mashed Cauliflower, White Beans and Mozzarella (Vegetarian)
- The Cheese Studio
Black Pepper Boursin® Soufflé with Fig Marmalade (Vegetarian)
- The Alps
Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (Vegetarian) (Kid-approved)
Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (Kid-approved)
Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (Gluten free) (Vegetarian) (Kid-approved)
- Shimmering Sips
Exclusive Fromage Montage Complimentary Cheesecake
5. The Debut Of New Celebrity Chefs
The list of celebrity chefs is a long one with returning faces and several fresh faces, including these new ones:
- Aarti Sequeira
- Ashley Coggins & Jessica Tantalo
- Brad Kilgore
- Claudia Sandoval
- David Burtka
- Derek Paradise
- Fabio Viviani
- Jamie Simpson
- Jason Goodenough
- Mette Dahlgaard Jensen
- Rich Landau & Kate Jacoby
- Steven Meese
6. Disney du Jour Dance Party Expands
The Disney du Jour Dance Party returns this year, but the party will be SEVEN days a week in Future World. The event features Radio Disney artists with a DJ on Sundays through Thursdays and performances from Radio Disney and Radio Disney Country artists on Fridays and Saturdays. Here’s the schedule so far:
- Aug. 30-31: Meg Donnelly (“With U,” Disney Channel’s Zombies)
- Sept. 13-14: Jenna Raine (“A Letter to Me”)
- Sept. 27-28: Isabella Nicole (“Headphones”)
- Oct. 4-5: Avenue Beat (“Delight”)
- Oct. 11-12: Sky Katz (“Like This,” Disney Channel’s Raven’s Home)
- Oct. 18-19: JAGMAC (“Like a Band”)
- Nov. 1-2: AJ Mitchell (“All My Friends”)
- Nov. 8-9: Kylie Cantrall (“That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout”)
- Nov. 15-16: Erin Bowman (“Keep Me Warm”)
- Nov. 22-23: Tegan Marie (“Horses”)
7. New Schedules For Culinary Workshops
Don’t forget, there are plenty of seminars and demonstrations returning this year with new schedules. Click on each link below for people, dates, and times.
- Food & Beverage Pairings
- Culinary Demonstrations
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!
- Party For the Senses
- Beverage Seminars
- Cheese Seminars
- Sunday Brunch With the Chef
8. ESPN’s Tailgate Tasting
This one’s for sports fans. The 45-minute Tailgate Tasting hosted by ESPN’s Monday Night Football will happen every Sunday starting on Sept. 8 through Nov. 17. The event pairs gridiron grub with a beverage tasting inspired by cities of professional teams playing each Monday night. You’ll even learn how to make the dishes. The tailgate takes place at the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion and costs $19/guest, plus tax. Click here to make reservations.
Here is the complete schedule:
- Sept. 8: Denver Broncos vs Oakland Raiders
- Sept. 15: Cleveland Browns vs New York Jets
- Sept. 22: Chicago Bears vs Washington Redskins
- Sept. 29: Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers
- Oct. 6: Cleveland Browns vs San Francisco 49ers
- Oct. 13: Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers
- Oct. 20: New England Patriots vs New York Jets
- Oct. 27: Miami Dolphins vs Pittsburgh Steelers
- Nov. 3: Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants
- Nov. 10: Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers
- Nov. 17: Kansas City Chiefs vs Los Angeles Chargers
9. Merchandise Galore
Oh, yes, there’s even new festival merchandise, including:
- Chef Minnie AND Mickey: Cupcake headband, rose gold mugs, apparel, and more.
- Brews Around the World: Bottle carrier and bottle opener, growler, drinkware, apparel, and baseball cap.
- Taste Your Way Around the World: Apparel, tabletop accessories, cork and wine color inspired items, and an exclusive Passholder stemless insulated glass.
- Chef Figment: Apparel, accessories, and baking items, including a mixing bowl.
- Chef Remy: Apparel and kitchenware.
- Exclusive Passholder Items: Feature Chef Minnie, Chef Mickey, Chef Figment, and Chef Remy. Some of the items will be on shelves on Aug. 29, with the remaining hitting park shelves on Sept. 12.
- Don’t forget to grab your Chef Minnie magnet (Now- Oct. 14) and your Chef Remy magnet (Oct. 15-Nov. 23), along with a complimentary Chef Minnie wooden coaster set on your fourth festival visit at Mouse Gear or Disney Traders.
- When APs purchase a Passholder-exclusive $100 gift card with Chef Minnie on it, they’ll receive a $10 digital bonus to use at select table-service restaurants at Epcot. You can find the gift card at Mouse Gear, Disney Traders, Port of Entry, and the Future World Bridge Kiosk. The gift card doesn’t expire, but you must claim the $10 digital bonus by Nov. 23, 2019.
- The Festival Wine Shop: Selection of wines and spirits from makers featured throughout Food & Wine.
What are you most excited for at this year’s Food & Wine? Let me know in the comments, and if you have any festival tips, I’d love to hear them!
*NOTE: This post will be updated if or when any new details are announced.
- What To Expect From The 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Epcot’s 2019 Food & Wine Dates Announced & Other Disney News This Week
- Two New Epcot Nighttime Spectaculars & More Coming To Disney Parks
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!
Featured Image: Courtesy of Walt Disney World Resort