This article contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
Every week I gather the latest news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, and other Disney parks to help you keep up with all of the changes. Here is the most recent Disney news for the week of Aug. 12-18, 2019:
1. ‘MNSSHP’ Season Pass
There’s a new Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass that allows guests to attend every party night, except for Oct. 31. The pass costs $299 plus tax. If you already purchased a ticket, you can upgrade to the pass. To book, call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-4295 or visit any ticket window at a WDW theme park.
2. ‘MNSSHP’/Halloween Treats, Merch, & Photos
-Click here to see the Halloween and MNSSHP foodie guide. In addition to treats, guests can also purchase a Mickey Pumpkin popcorn bucket, two Hitchhiking Ghosts buckets and one sipper (they make a great set!), an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket, and a Jack Skellington sipper.
-There are 30-plus PhotoPass opportunities at this year’s MNSSHP!
-You can pick up the new MNSSHP exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card during party nights at the Firehouse on Main Street. The card is inspired by the new party Halloween fireworks, Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular. You must have a party ticket and wristband to get the card.
3. New Food & Wine Booths, Plus Eat To The Beat Additions
There are two new food booths coming to Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival that debut on Oct 1.
*The Donut Box: Enjoy unique donuts, like a Black and White Coffee Cocktail garnished with a fresh donut sprinkled with espresso bean crumbles. There will also be a Sweet Corn Fritter with Fresno and red pepper jelly, plus Strawberry-dusted Yeast Donut Holes. For smoothie and beer fans, they can try a Strawberry Smoothie made with almond milk and an exclusive festival beer called Boston Cream Donut Ale from Central 28 Beer Company.
*Cool Wash: Create your own frozen beverages with slushy flavors, including Blue Raspberry and Orange Cream. You can even mix in Swedish Fish, Jelly Drops, Boba Pearls, and Pop Rocks.
Two more acts were added to the Eat to the Beat Concert series. The first is Joey Fatone and Friends (Nov. 12-14), featuring *NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick and Ryan Cabrera. Smash Mouth also joins the lineup and is replacing the Allman Betts Band on Sept. 16-17.
Finally, more Radio Disney acts were added to the Disney du Jour Dance Party. They include:
- Sept. 27-28: Isabella Nicole (“Headphones”)
- Oct. 4-5: Avenue Beat (“Delight”)
- Nov. 1-2: AJ Mitchell (“All My Friends”)
- Nov. 8-9: Kylie Cantrall (“That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout”)
- Nov. 15-16: Erin Bowman (“Keep Me Warm”)
- Nov. 22-23: Tegan Marie (“Horses”)
4. More Oogie Boogie Bash & ‘Villainous!’ Details
First, below is a sneak peak of Villainous!, the exclusive new World of Color show debuting at the Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party.
Here are more details about Disney California Adventure’s new Halloween party:
*Immersive Treat Trails: The new trails will feature iconic characters, including the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland and possibly even Oogie Boogie.
*Villains Grove: The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail transforms into Villains Grove, an interactive, villain-inspired, dreamlike environment.
*Frightfully Fun Parade: The parade, which also ran during Mickey’s Halloween Party in Disneyland, will also make its way through DCA for the first time.
*Mickey’s Trick & Treat: A new, interactive stage production at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land featuring Mickey Mouse and friends throwing a Halloween party.
*DescenDANCE Party: The dance party takes place in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land and is inspired by the Disney Channel franchise Descendants. A dance crew teaches moves set to songs from the movies. A Backlot DJ will continue to play music after the party.
5. Mid-Day Magic Deal For WDW
There’s a new Mid-Day Magic Ticket deal at Walt Disney World available now and must be used on or before Dec. 15, 2019. The tickets may be used at any of the four theme parks after 12 p.m. They are valid for one theme park per day. Here are the offers:
- 2-day ticket from $88 a day, plus tax (from $176 total, plus tax)
- 3-day ticket from $84 a day, plus tax (from $252 total, plus tax)
- 4-day ticket from $79 a day, plus tax (from $316 total, plus tax)
Click here for more information.
6. Fort Wilderness’ New Barn & Horse Schedule
A new barn is coming to the Pony Farm and Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The addition will offer a modern stable and updated outdoor spaces and facilities. Starting Aug. 19, the Draft Horse Barn and Pony Farm will be closed until Spring 2020. That said, guests can still take pony rides at the Trail Blaze Corral near the campground’s entrance. The resort’s trail and carriage rides will also continue.
7. Other WDW Treats For August
There are more fun treats for the month of August!
- Rainbow Unicorn Cupcake: Aug. 15-18 at Magic Kingdom
- Monster Brownie Sundae: Now through Aug. 31 at Magic Kingdom
- Pride Cone: Now through Aug. 18 at Polynesian
- Fall Treats at all three All-Star Resorts, unless noted otherwise: Aug. 25-Nov. 30
- Jack’s Hallow-Lime Cupcake
- Queen’s Poisoned Apple Tart
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake – Only at World Premiere & Intermission Food Courts
- Chai Tea Cupcake – Only at World Premiere & Intermission Food Courts
As for those famous Pumpkin Spice Beignets, they are only available at Disneyland’s Mint Julep Bar from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31. They’re currently available at Walt Disney World’s French Quarter Resort through Oct. 31. Speaking of the French Quarter, Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Court, now has Mobile Ordering.
8. Betsey Johnson Disney Parks Collection
In addition to Betsey Johnson’s Disney Parks Designer Collection ears, the designer also has a new collection that can be found at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and on shopDisney.com. The collection includes earrings, necklaces, and a bracelet.
9. Cookie Dough Food Truck Officially Opens
The new edible cookie dough food truck, Cookie Dough and Everything Sweet, is open for business at Disney Springs in Exposition Park on the West Side.
10. Meet Wolfgang Puck At Disney Springs
You can meet Wolfgang Puck on Aug. 20 at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill. Tickets aren’t needed for this event, but reservations are recommended. The chef’s visit will happen during normal lunch and dinner hours.
11. College GamedDay Crew Coming To Magic Kingdom
The College GameDay crew is heading to Magic Kingdom on Aug. 24 and will broadcast live from Main Street. The crew will also give viewers a look inside at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! For those watching at home, tune into ESPN starting at 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST.
That’s it for Disney news from this past week. I’ll continue to collect park updates, so be sure to keep your eyes open for my weekly news post!
- ‘Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party’ 2019 — New Details & Returning Favorites
- New ‘Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade’ Details & Other Disney News This Week
- New Halloween ‘World of Color’ At Disneyland & Other Disney News This Week
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for my latests post, tips, and Disney updates! And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, to have all the Disney information delivered right to your inbox!
Featured Image: Courtesy of Walt Disney World Resort Resort