This article may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission on purchases. Opinions are my own.
*Updated Sept. 16, 2020
In June, Disney confirmed the cancellation of the 2020 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party due to the ongoing pandemic. But, there is good news! Halloween at Walt Disney World is happening.
On Thursday, Aug. 27, Disney first announced the fall/Halloween season will begin Sept. 15 and run through Oct. 31.
Guests can, of course, expect the famous fall decorations, including the Mickey pumpkins lining Main Street, U.S.A. There are also new festivities, treats, and much more.
Magic Kingdom Festivities
MNSSHP might not be happening, but there are two big ways for guests to still celebrate Halloween at Magic Kingdom.
For the first time, guests of all ages are allowed to wear costumes during regular park operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. This is only at Magic Kingdom, not the other parks.
Important: Only children younger than 14 years old are allowed to wear costume masks. And, you must still follow the health and safety protocols, including wearing a mask. The WDW website details the specific costume guidelines, so be sure to check out those before your visit.
If you didn’t know, character meet and greets have changed at the parks for health and safety reasons. Plus, there aren’t any parades for the same reason.
However, the parks currently have a variety of character cavalcades and physically-distanced interactions giving guests the chance to see characters, but in a unique and safe way.
Well, there are Halloween cavalcades at Magic Kingdom that include (along with their schedules, according to BlogMickey.com):
- The Nightmare Before Christmas with Jack, Sally, and Oogie Boogie — runs Saturday through Wednesday
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy, and Donald wearing Halloween costumes and performers from the Boo to You! parade (the song also plays) — runs every day
- Villains cavalcade with Gaston, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Goob, and Captain Hook (the Boo to You! song plays here as well) — runs Thursday through Monday
These are the character interactions available:
- Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume in Frontierland (glide along the Rivers of America)
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore in costume as they ride the Main Street trolley (up and down Main Street, U.S.A.; they also pose for socially-distanced photo at Crystal Palace) — runs every day
- Mickey and friends, along with Boo to You performers, say hello from the Walt Disney World Railroad balcony
Plus! The Dapper Dans return on Sept. 20, but they will perform as the Cadaver Dans!
Halloween Treats Across Each Park
There are a variety of special treats that will be available for purchase at each park, along with popcorn buckets and sippers!
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll drizzled with orange and white icing (Main Street Bakery)
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float (Storybook Treats): Cream cheese soft-serve, black raspberry syrup, and Coke
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Pinocchio Village House): A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Orange and Black Sugar Churros (Various Churro Carts and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)
- Headless Horseman Rides Again (Sunshine Tree Terrace): Strawberry DOLE® Whip with Fanta Strawberry and a Headless Horseman Novelty Straw
- Cinnamon Donuts (Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café): Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Hades Nachos (Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café): Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Liberty Square Market): Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Sleepy Hollow): Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies): Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw
- Pumpkin Spice Soft-Serve Sundae (Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies): Served as a sundae topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café): Burger with Muenster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and Sriracha aïoli
Also: You can find an Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes at various Quick Service spots.
Popcorn Buckets & Sippers
- Jack Skellington Sipper (Various Quick Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending Locations)
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Various Popcorn Carts)
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket (Various Popcorn Carts)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Various Popcorn Carts)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Premium Popcorn Bucket (Liberty Square Popcorn Cart)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Sipper (Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Madame Leota Sipper (Sleepy Hollow)
- Poison Candied Apple (Trolley Car Café): Apple and caramel mousse covered in red glaze with a crunchy candy base
- Pumpkin Tiramisu (Rosie’s All-American Café): Layers of cream mascarpone and spiced pumpkin cake
- Frozen Apple Cider (Non-Alcoholic) (Rosie’s All-American Café): Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (Rosie’s All-American Café): Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Box of Bones Chocolate Éclair (Backlot Express): Chocolate éclair with dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate bones
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (Backlot Express): Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
Grand Avenue/Muppet Square
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cannoli (PizzeRizzo): Pumpkin cheesecake mixed with a hazelnut praline crunch in a cannoli shell
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (PizzeRizzo): Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
Popcorn Bucket & Straw
- Orange Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Anahiem Produce, Hollywood Popcorn, and Animation Popcorn)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, and Anaheim Produce)
Starting Sept. 25, Minnie’s Halloween Dine returns to Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios. The characters include: Minnie as a happy witch, Mickey as a funny vampire, Goofy as a spooky cowboy, and Pluto in a festive collar.
This is a modified character dining experience, meaning: no autographs and socially-distanced photos with Minnie, Mickey, and Friends. You can make reservations starting Sept. 11 on the official WDW website or via the My Disney Experience app.
Treats (only available on Halloween, Oct. 31)
The Land Pavilion
- Halloween Cupcake (Sunshine Seasons): Choice of vanilla or chocolate cupcake with buttercream and a Mickey Pumpkin garnish
- Halloween Sugar Cookie (Garden Grill): Sugar cookie topped with Halloween Sprinkles
The Seas With Nemo & Friends
- Nemo & Squirt’s Noggin Concoction (Coral Reef Restaurant): Chocolate brownie stuffed with a chocolate chip cookie topped with white chocolate-covered pretzels and a Mickey Pumpkin Garnish
World Showcase Entrance
- Halloween Sugar Cookie (Traveler’s Café, aka Starbucks): Sugar cookie topped with Halloween Sprinkles
World Showplace (between Canada and United Kingdom pavilions)
- Liquid Nitro Cake Pop (Desserts & Champagne Marketplace): Liquid nitro chocolate cake pop with Halloween sprinkles
Popcorn Buckets & Straw
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum)
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (All EPCOT Popcorn Locations)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle Smokehouse)
- Scar Cupcake (Creature Comforts, aka Starbucks, and Flame Tree Barbecue): Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
- Spooky Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) (Flame Tree Barbecue and Isle of Java): Sprite with Monin Apple Syrup poured over ice, garnished with a rocky candy apple straw, a gummy worm, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and a sugar lime rim
- Rotten Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Alcoholic) (Flame Tree Barbecue): Angry Orchard and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky over ice, garnished with a rocky candy apple straw, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and gummy worms
- Scar Cupcake (Restaurantosaurus): Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
Popcorn Buckets & Straw
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Tamu Tamu, Trek Snacks, Restaurantosaurus, TriloBites, and Outdoor Vending Ice Cream Carts)
- Purple Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Trek Snacks)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Trek Snacks)
There will, of course, also be special merchandise for purchase and themed-photo opportunities. And, remember, you still need to make a park pass reservation for entry. I’ll be sure to update this post with new information if or when it’s revealed.