Welcome to the Walt Disney World reopening guide!
The WDW we all know and love will be vastly different moving forward. This doesn’t mean the most magical place on earth will never go back to what we all once knew and loved, but, for right now, WDW is taking necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of its guests and employees.
Basically, the slate is wiped clean when it comes to planning a WDW vacation. Everything we knew about FastPass+, Disney dining plans, entertainment, attraction queues, Mobile Ordering, and more is out the window.
If you’re looking to head to the Orlando-based resort, press the reboot button and start reading.
There’s a lot of information travelers need to know prior to visiting WDW and rather than slap it all on one document, I’ve organized a guide that will hopefully help you digest all of the new details.
Let me first answer some questions.
When is Walt Disney World reopening?
- July 11: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
- July 15: Epcot and Hollywood Studios
When do Walt Disney World hotels reopen?
- June 15: Disney Vacation Club (DVC) properties in Vero Beach, Florida and Hilton Head, South Carolina will reopen to members and guests
- June 22: DVC resorts at WDW and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen to members and guests
Here are the reopening dates for other resorts:
- July 10: Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Aug. 12: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Oct. 1: Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
These resorts don’t have reopening dates yet:
- All Star Resorts
- French Quarter and Riverside
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas — Jambo House
- Wilderness Lodge
When do water parks reopen?
At this time, Disney hasn’t released reopening dates for Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
How long is the “initial reopening period”?
The end date for the reopening period hasn’t been announced.
What about Disability Access Service (DAS)?
According to a letter Amy Schinner received from Disney’s Guest Experience Services on June 7, DAS will operate as normal upon reopening.
And, now, here are some guides on different topics that will hopefully help answer any further questions you might have. Of course, feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions!