This Walt Disney World calendar will be updated regularly.
We have reopneing dates for Walt Disney World!
June 22: Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen to members and guests
July 11: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom reopen
July 13: Epcot and Hollywood Studios reopen
Keep in mind that Walt Disney World’s temporary closure may have an impact on the following dates.
July 15: A Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival debuts and will run through the fall
- Epcot’s new space-themed table service restaurant called Space 220 opens (possibly February 2020)
- The new show permanently replacing IllumiNations, HarmonioUS, debuts
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure opens in the France Pavilion
- New table and quick-service restaurant La Crêperie de Paris opens in the France Pavilion
- The Ripken Experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex begins
- The Disney Genie, a “revolutionary new digital offering set to debut in late 2020 that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World,” releases
- Toy Story Land’s new table-service restaurant, Roundup Rodeo BBQ, opens
- Epcot’s new PLAY! Pavilion will open in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary on Oct. 21, 2021
- TRON Lightcycle / Run is also set to open at Magic Kingdom for WDW’s 50th anniversary
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, aka the Star Wars hotel/”immersive vacation” opens
Refurbishments & Closures
Now-TBD: Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom is closed
Now-TBD: Animal Kingdom’s Primeval Whirl will operate seasonally
Now-Spring 2020: The Draft Horse Barn & Pony Farm at Fort Wilderness & Resort Campground will be closed. Pony rides will still be available at the Trail Blaze Corral. Trail and carriage rides will continue.
- Epcot’s Fountain of Nations permanently closes
- Epcot’s Character Spot will be closed
- Fountain View/Starbucks Location will be closed, but will also move to a temporary location in late fall 2019
- Club Cool is closing and will be incorporated into new offerings
- Innoventions East pavilion featuring Colortopia and Nanooze Break closes permanently
Jan. 5-March 28: Typhoon Lagoon is closed
Jan. 6-March 20: Kali River Rapids is closed
Feb. 16: Electric Umbrella at Epcot is closed
April 27-May 3: Swiss Family Treehouse is closed
May 4-21: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is closed
May 26: Spaceship Earth closes for its lengthy refurbishment
July 27: The Pirates League at Magic Kingdom closes permanently