This Walt Disney World calendar will be updated regularly.
Now-Nov. 23: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Nov. 8: Animal Kingdom’s holiday celebration begins
Nov. 8-Dec. 22: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
Nov. 29-Dec. 30: Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
Dec. 4: Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night returns to Animal Kingdom
Dec. 5: Rise of the Resistance opens at Galaxy’s Edge
Dec. 16: Disney’s Riviera Resort, the 15th Disney Vacation Club property, opens. You can now make reservations. General sales are also open.
Dec. 20: Star Tours’ new scenes inspired by The Rise of Skywalker debut
Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve 2019 at Animal Kingdom
Jan. 17-Feb. 24, 2020: Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Feb. 7-July 10, 2020: Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom
March 4-June 1, 2020: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Epcot’s new space-themed table service restaurant called Space 220 opens
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue opens at Epcot’s America pavilion
- Mickey will meet guests at the Imagination! pavilion as part of the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- The Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along debuts in the France Pavilion
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 debuts with new scenes and a new story in the Canada Pavilion
- The Land’s new film, Awesome Planet, debuts
March 20, 2020: Previews begin for the new Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs
April 17, 2020: Cirque du Soleil’s world premiere; tickets are currently on sale
- Mickey Shorts Theater opens at Hollywood Studios
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is set to open at Hollywood Studios
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure opens in the France Pavilion
- New table and quick-service restaurant La Crêperie de Paris opens in the France Pavilion
- The new show permanently replacing IllumiNations, HarmonioUS, debuts
- The Ripken Experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex begins
- The Disney Genie, a “revolutionary new digital offering set to debut in late 2020 that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World,” releases
2021: Epcot’s new PLAY! Pavilion will open in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary on Oct. 21, 2021
Refurbishments & Closures
- Pin Central will close, but will operate from a temporary location. Eventually, it will reopen in early December in its new permanent location in the Camera Center (beneath Spaceship Earth). Camera Center and Pin Central will share a space.
Now-TBD: Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom is closed
Now-TBD: Animal Kingdom’s Primeval Whirl will operate seasonally (will run Nov. 24-30, 2019)
Now-Winter 2019: Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Beach Club Resort is closed. There is a temporary location in Ariel’s right next to Martha’s Vineyard.
Now-Spring 2020: The Draft Horse Barn & Pony Farm at Fort Wilderness & Resort Campground will be closed. Pony rides will still be available at the Trail Blaze Corral. Trail and carriage rides will continue.
- Epcot’s Fountain of Nations permanently closes
- Epcot’s Character Spot will be closed
- Fountain View/Starbucks Location will be closed, but will also move to a temporary location in late fall 2019
- Club Cool is closing and will be incorporated into new offerings
- Innoventions East pavilion featuring Colortopia and Nanooze Break closes permanently
Sept. 8-Jan. 4, 2020: Blizzard Beach is closed
Oct. 2: Impressions de France is closing for work on the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along that’s set for a January 2020 debut.
Nov. 24: Electric Umbrella at Epcot will be permanently closed
Jan. 1, 2020: Mouse Gear in Epcot will close and move to a temporary location in winter while being refurbished
Jan. 5-March 28, 2020: Typhoon Lagoon is closed
Jan. 6- Feb. 27, 2020: Splash Mountain is closed
Jan. 13-Feb. 26, 2020: Test Track is closed
- Art of Disney will close and move to a temporary location. Eventually, Art of Disney will permanently take over Heritage Manor Gifts in The American Adventure pavilion.