This calendar will be updated regularly.
Now-Sept. 28: Lion King Scavenger Hunt at Animal Kingdom
Aug. 16-Nov. 1: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom
Aug. 29-Nov. 2: Extra, Extra Magic Hours
Aug. 29-Nov. 23: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Sept. 29: The Disney Skyliner opens
Sept. 30 (concluding):
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom
- The Incredibles celebration at Pixar Place and Mike & Sulley character meeting at Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom’s Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party
Sept. 30: IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth ends
Oct. 1: New show Epcot Forever that’s temporarily replacing IllumiNations debuts
Oct. 1: The “Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience” opens to guests who want to explore the park’s future plans.
Oct. 4: The launch of 25 Disney stores within select Target stores nationwide. An additional 40 locations will open by October 2020. Here’s a list of the first 25 locations.
Nov. 8: Animal Kingdom’s holiday celebration begins
Nov. 8-Dec. 22: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
Nov. 29-Dec. 30: Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
Dec. 5: Rise of the Resistance opens at Galaxy’s Edge
Dec. 16: Disney’s Riviera Resort, the 15th Disney Vacation Club property, opens. You can now make reservations. General sales are also open.
Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve 2019 at Animal Kingdom
Jan. 17-Feb. 24, 2020: Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Fall 2019: A new bar and lounge inspired by Beauty and the Beast replacing Mizner’s Lounge and Commander Porter’s opens at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Winter 2019: Epcot’s new space-themed table service restaurant called Space 220 opens
- The Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along debuts in the France Pavilion
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 debuts with new scenes and a new story in the Canada Pavilion
- The Land’s new film, Awesome Planet, debuts
March 20, 2020: Previews begin for the new Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs
April 17, 2020: Cirque du Soleil’s world premiere; tickets are currently on sale
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure opens in the France Pavilion
- New table and quick-service restaurant La Crêperie de Paris opens in the France Pavilion
- The new show permanently replacing IllumiNations, HarmonioUS, debuts
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is set to open at Hollywood Studios sometime in the spring
- The Ripken Experience at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex begins
- The Disney Genie, a “revolutionary new digital offering set to debut in late 2020 that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World,” releases
2021: Epcot’s new PLAY! Pavilion will open in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary on Oct. 21, 2021
Refurbishments & Closures
Now-TBD: Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom is closed
Now-TBD: Animal Kingdom’s Primeval Whirl is “temporarily closed”
Now-Sept. 19: Magic Kingdom’s Astro Orbiter is closed
Now-Sept. 29: Gallery of Arts and History in the Morocco Pavilion is closed
Now-Sept. 15: Mickey’s of Hollywood shop on Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood Studios is closed
Now-Winter 2019: Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Beach Club Resort is closed. There is a temporary location in Ariel’s right next to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Epcot’s Fountain of Nations permanently closes
- Epcot’s Character Spot will be closed
- Fountain View/Starbucks Location will be closed, but will also move to a temporary location in late fall 2019
- Club Cool is closing and will be incorporated into new offerings
- Innoventions East pavilion featuring Colortopia and Nanooze Break closes permanently
Sept. 8-Jan. 4, 2020: Blizzard Beach is closed
Nov. 24: Electric Umbrella at Epcot will be permanently closed
Jan. 1, 2020: Mouse Gear in Epcot will close and move to a temporary location in winter while being refurbished
Jan. 5-Spring 2020: Typhoon Lagoon is closed
- Pin Central will close, but will operate from a temporary location. Eventually, it will reopen in its new permanent location in the Camera Center. The Camera Center will also close in fall 2019 to become Pin Central’s new home.
- Art of Disney will close and move to a temporary location. Eventually, Art of Disney will permanently take over Heritage Manor Gifts in The American Adventure pavilion.
Now-Sometime in Fall 2019: Mizner’s Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed
Now-Spring 2020: The Draft Horse Barn & Pony Farm at Fort Wilderness & Resort Campground will be closed. Pony rides will still be available at the Trail Blaze Corral. Trail and carriage rides will continue.